P.O.S.H'ture Ministry: Something about that name Jesus!


The last few weeks have been... well, interesting. School is creeping along. At times I feel as if I'm not going to make it.  It's not that it's hard, it's just that my mind and focus are on so many other things. But I keep pressing on, because I know that'll I'll be closer to the finish line than when I started.
Personally I've been in a place of "meditation" for lack of a better word. It's strange how even in your 40's you are still figuring out this thing called life. When does it end? I guess, never. Everyday I learn more and more about myself that I thought I already knew.
The one thing that has remained constant in my life is the fact that I know I can call on the name of Jesus. If moma didn't teach me anything else, she taught me that theirs no name above the name of Jesus. He is ALWAYS there, He never leaves us. No matter how old I get I know that if I can just get out a whisper of His name He hears me. There's soooo much power in just His name alone! Even when I can't mumble out a prayer, just the sound of His name brings me peace.
That one constant has kept my mind at peace throughout this portion of my journey. I hesitate in thinking of a new shift that I see up the road and that is approaching quickly.  I'm excited, nervous, apprehensive and all the emotions you can imagine all rolled up in one.  But I know that no matter what, God is with me and He is at the wheel.
When you're in that spot of not knowing what to do or where to go, remember to just whisper His name. When you're drowning your pillow in tears, and your eyes are swollen from crying, whisper His name. Sometimes decisions need to be made quickly and with the confusion going on you can't possibly consider the choices before you; we can whisper His name and watch how He works it out! JESUS!!!!!!!!

Watch Shirley Caesar's video above as she sings "Jesus, I love Calling your name!"
*If you find my blog of interest, please take time to subscribe for me. It'd mean the world to me. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, suggestion or idea!