P.O.S.H. Ministry


I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~ C.S Lewis

During one of my opportunities to speak to a group at a local church, I made a joke about how my mom is Jesus' little sister.  Although I said it in a joking manner, I said it in reference to the fact that I've never known my mother not to profess her love for Jesus Christ and her non-wavering faith in God. She has always made it known that she was a Christian. And because I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior at a very young age I am blessed to say I've experienced nothing but Christianity. 

My faith is not one layer, it is layer upon layer of building on a solid foundation that started as a child.  I remember in my elementary age years going to church almost daily and experiencing the "presence" of God. Not knowing exactly what it was at the time, I did know that it was a great presence in the room every time we would sing and praise His name and it felt good.  It made you happy even when things in our every day lives were not-so-good. The older people definitely made that clear in the prayers that would go forth on behalf of their bills, mortgages, and food shortages! But, we would still cry "happy tears" of joy, knowing that God would take care of it. 

During these formative years of my life, I learned that God created everything; the sun, the moons and the stars, and I never once questioned it. I never considered that He was not the creator of all that we have, including the creator of me!

Our relationship with God has to begin in our unwavering belief that He created us and set us in the midst of His creation.  This first belief will leave no room for another god to enter in.  Building on that solid belief allows us to see Him in everything.  When things are good and when they are bad, we'll know that He is there somewhere taking care of it all. The bible clearly says that He is mindful of us! He is all we need to look to for answers to any question we have. And professing our Christianity acknowledges our appreciation of Him and shows we are proud to be connected! We serve an awesome God, let's tell the world about it!

Psalms 8
O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

Living a P.O.S.H Life!
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, suggestion or idea!