Great is thy faithfulness...




When making life changing decisions and praying fervently about which direction you should take; many times it's hard to know what God wants you to do. I know we believe that Gods word is the ultimate map in our lives and all that we ever need can be found in the Word of God. And it is. However, sometimes our good isn't always God. And it's in those times when things seem to get what I consider "a little tricky".

I'm making HUGE life altering decisions in my life. And yes, I'm praying constantly about which route to take. And in all that I'm doing, I feel that God is with me even though I know the world may think I'm losing my mind! :) I'm at peace spiritually although the situation is chaotic. I'm ok with the trials and the tribulations that have come with my choices. But sometimes I ask myself, "are you sure you are on the right path?"

So what do you do when the choices you are making seem to always work out fine? When the decision you chose happened to be a "good" one? When all that you are doing isn't harming anyone and doors seem to open where they should be closed and you seem to excel? When provisions are being made where you know they're shouldn't be any? When those you are encountering are being blessed by a word or a deed that you've done?

You may say, well if its all going great then surely it must be God. But, I say, everything that's great isn't God. I'm at that crossroad. I'm at a place where I have to be sure that I know, that I know, that God is directing my path and not just me doing what's great for me. And at this crossroad I've come to realize that no matter what I do, good- bad- or indifferent, He is always their.  God is ALWAYS with me.  He keeps protecting me from danger. He keeps providing for me.  He keeps comforting me. And He keeps listening to me when I need to talk to Him. He has been a present and constant help. 

Psalms 46:1 says "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble".  Lamentations 3:22-24 tells us "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassion's fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him." The Message Bible says it like this, 

"God’s loyal love couldn’t have run out,
    his merciful love couldn’t have dried up.
They’re created new every morning.
    How great your faithfulness!
I’m sticking with God (I say it over and over).
    He’s all I’ve got left.

I love that! That is so powerful, "God's loyal love COULDN'T have run out!" Every single day we get a fresh batch of love, loyalty and mercy! He is a faithful God!  At the end of the day, while I'm in this place of being assured that I am hearing God I know that He is my strength, He is with me, He is so faithful and I can put my HOPE IN HIM. 

Not many may understand your path and your destiny.  Most will question you because it doesn't make 'sense' to them. But if in your heart and spirit you are at peace according to His word, then stay on that path. Stay in prayer. Stay focused. And stay in God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, suggestion or idea!